familiar with and at ease in many different countries and cultures.
The Free Dictionary.comadj.
1. Pertinent or common to the whole world
2. Having constituent elements from all over the world or from many different parts of the world
3. So sophisticated as to be at home in all parts of the world or conversant with many spheres of interest
4. Ecology Growing or occurring in many parts of the world; widely distributed.
1. used about a place where people from many different countries and cultures live
2. used about someone who has traveled a lot and knows about different societies and cultures
a person who has lived and travelled in many countries, esp one who is free of national prejudices
adjectivehaving interest in or familiar with many parts of the world
sophisticated or urbane
composed of people or elements from all parts of the world or from many different spheres
I’ve never taken the time to look up the actual definition of what Cosmopolitan actually means. Up until the moment that I researched the meaning of the word, I had a completely different understanding and definition of the word. I thought it referred only to urban environments and city life (best example, New York city is a cosmopolitan city), but I see now that I was concentrated on the wrong aspect of the definition. Cosmopolitan has maybe become my new favorite word J